With its reputation for quality and providing beautiful architecturally-significant homes, Warmington has been a recognizable and well-respected name in the home building industry for nearly 95 years. Many of the first Warmington custom and estate homes maintain historical significance and are highly sought-after, while a variety of new homes are being designed and built to accommodate modern tastes, trends and technology. Quality of life and proximity to schools, recreation, employment centers and retail outlets are primary considerations when selecting the locations of new Warmington neighborhoods. Look for brand new Warmington communities throughout California.
The proposed "HALEY POINT" development provides for a new Ventura residential community to be developed on a ~4.25-acre site within the City’s Midtown Planning Community. The development provides for the implementation of the City's adopted 2005 General Plan designating medium density residential uses at the site within an established residential neighborhood.
The development includes a non-gated residential community, consisting of 72 for-sale townhomes. 20%, or 14 of these units are allocated as moderate-income affordable homes, within fifteen two and three-story buildings. The 72 homes, which equates to 16 units per acre, is consistent with the City's General Plan for intensity of land use at less than 20 units per acre.
Existing Site and Surrounding Land Uses
The subject property is currently used for a variety of light industrial uses. The site is almost entirely paved with asphalt, concrete, or light industrial buildings which will all be removed for development.
Below is a summary of immediately adjacent surrounding land uses:
- North: Single-Family Residential Homes
- South: Union Pacific Railroad
- East: Light Industrial Businesses (Automotive Repair and Paint Shop)
- West: Seaward Avenue (Public Street)
Site Plan and Development
The development proposes 72 homes, within 15 buildings, totaling 112,197 square feet of new construction. The homes are presented in four plan types, offering two and three bedroom homes, ranging in size from 1,362 to 2,075 square feet. The Plan provides for 14 affordable units (20% of the total development units) to be sold to qualifying, moderate income residents.
January 2021 Site Plan
The homes feature efficiently designed living spaces, modern kitchens, and patios or balconies for residents to enjoy the California outdoor living lifestyle. The townhomes will employ green building techniques to provide for energy efficient buildings, well-balanced and integrated site and building lighting, and drought-tolerant native landscaping.
The architectural style of the homes is Coastal Contemporary, drawing inspiration from modern beach design, such as the Rosewood Miramar Beach Hotel in Montecito influenced by oceanside characteristics The natural shades of breezy white and cool blue and grey color schemes lends itself to clean architectural lines, with thoughtfully designed exterior porches with columns, wood railings and beams, cupolas on some buildings and other accents to complement the casual beach style. A combination of pitched and flat roofs, balconies, and other architectural features will create visual interest, break up uniformity, and provide cohesiveness within the project.
Passive common spaces are located throughout the development. Site design respects property line setbacks and provides appropriate spaces between buildings and site. Amenities to be programmed for the development include:
- Central Courtyard, Passive Green Spaces & Activity Lawn
- Landscaped Open Spaces & Private Areas
- Covered Trellis Picnic Area & Barbecue
- Meandering Walking Path with Bench Seating Areas
- Expansive Parkway Frontage Along Channel Drive
A private, attached two-car garage is provided for each home. In addition, 13 onsite surface parking spaces located throughout the site through a combination of compact and regular size stalls. Offsite parking will also be formally created along the Channel Drive development frontage, providing an additional 29 parallel parking spaces.
- Warmington Residential hosted a community meeting on July 9, 2020 to discuss the conceptual site plan with the Mid-town Council.
- Warmington also conducted a neighborhood Zoom meeting on August 12,2020, to review the preliminary plan and answer project questions. Click here to download the PowerPoint presentation.
- Warmington anticipated holding subsequent neighborhood meetings prior to DRC, however, the plan has not changed significantly since the August 2020 zoom meeting. If the design changes through the DRC review process, another neighborhood zoom will be scheduled in April, prior to the project going to the Planning Commission.
- The project was reviewed by the Design Review Committee (DRC) on March 17, 2021.
- Haley Point was approved 5-0 by the Planning Commission on May 26, 2021.
The development schedule includes an estimated six-eight months for development entitlements. The next steps, which include, construction drawings, final engineering, plan check, permitting, and construction bidding, is estimated to take about four months, to be completed in the 2nd Quarter of 2021. Site preparation will take an estimated two months; with grading to begin approximately by the 3rd Quarter of 2021. Development vertical construction is estimated to occur over 18-20 months, starting with Building 1 (model building phase) in the 4th Quarter of 2021. Subsequent buildings will start construction about every two months thereafter until completion and final occupancy (estimated to be mid-year of 2023).
City of Ventura Approvals
- On May 27, 2020, a preliminary application was submitted to the City and is currently under review by the Design Area Committee (DAC). DAC members include City departments and local agencies.
- A formal entitlement application was submitted to the City on January 4, 2021.
- The City deemed the project application complete on February 8, 2021.
- Design Review Committee (DRC) was held on March 17, 2021.
- Planning Commission unanimously approved the Haley Point project at its May 26, 2021 meeting.
Join Our Interest List
If you wish to be included on our project distribution list please provide your full name, address, phone number, and an email address and you will be notified with project updates or actions.